Follow Me On Twitter

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Great M&M Debate

I recently had a discussion with my sister about which variety of M&M was better.  Each of us agreed dark chocolate was best, but after that is where we parted ways.  Patty is more in the peanut camp where I lean plain in my liking.

Forever M&Ms

This got me thinking: how many more iterations of the Mars candy treat were there and how would I rate them.  Here's my list.


  • Almond - Last resort.
  • Peanut Butter - Gotta be in the right mood.
  • Pretzel - Too new to tell.  Have only had them once.
  • Coconut - Never!!
  • Crispy - Discontinued.
There's also been wild cherry and mint crisp but those were limited edition so they kind of don't count.


By the way, an 11.08 oz bag of Wild Cherry M&M's will run you about $15.00 American on Amazon right now.

I then thought, what other types of M&M's could be made.

How about fudge or caramel? Maybe Macadamia nuts or cashews?  Although, with the later of those last two the candy wouldn't retain it's traditional shape.

So, what about you?  Which flavors or ingredients would you like to see put into an M&M? 

No comments:

Post a Comment