Follow Me On Twitter

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Re-Living My Childhood

During my childhood I was a big fan of the original Battlestar Galactica.  So much so that I ended up building my own Viper Fighter, which were the small ships those humans fleeing from the Cylon tyranny used to defend themselves.


The above is a picture of me circa 1979 wearing a helmet made from a plastic ice cream bucket and masking tape sitting in the pilots seat ready to be shot out of Galactica's launch tubes.

What if that pretend ship of mine had never been dismantled but instead was sitting in a garage someplace?  And, what if, as an adult I were to get back in it, then through some sort of magic, the Viper turned real and I was able to fly off into space to fight along Starbuck and Apolo?      

Well, that's the premise I hope to explore in the next blog story I'm going to write.  Maybe from there the fictitious version of me could land on the moon and serve alongside the characters from Space: 1999 then board the Starship Enterprise. Obviously exact names would change to avoid copyright infringement.

But first, this one needs to be finished http://ablogaboutstuff.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment