Follow Me On Twitter

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Don't Sell Yourself Short

I've noticed recently that names and words are getting shorter.  

For example: TIL, POTUSOA and OBL.

The above are just a few acronyms that have been popping up online recently and, you guessed it, mostly on Twitter.  I love the micro blogging service as much as the next guy but the shortening of words is becoming ridiculous.  Between that, the # tags, the @ replies and re-tweets it sometimes feels like I'm trying to read a foreign language.  I know that shortening is sometimes vital to get under the 140 character limit but don't forget, you can get your message across in a series of tweets too.

Don't let your message get lost in translation.

Oh, I almost forgot, if you haven't figured out the acronyms yet, they were, Today I learned, President of the United States of America and Osama Bin Laden.

Thanks for reading.

Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment