Follow Me On Twitter

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Doctor Who Quotes

I only recently started watching the Doctor Who series.  My journey began with Christopher Eccleston's reign as the time lord in 2005 and has continued to the most recent portrayal of the doctor by Matt Smith.

You see, being unemployed and having Netflix streaming has afforded me the opportunity to catch up rather quickly.

At any rate, the show is very good at providing memorable quotes so here are a few of my favorites.

Series one episode "Dalek."


(The Doctor finds a Cyberman head)


The Doctor: "Oh, look at you!"
Rose: "What is it?"
The Doctor: "An old friend of mine. Well, enemy. The stuff of nightmares reduced to an exhibit. I'm getting 

old."


Series six episode "The Impossible Astronaut."
(River, Amy and Rory talking about the Doctor's death under the Tardis's control room while the Doctor is there alone.)


Doctor: "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed, what's the point in having you all??"


2009 holiday special "Waters of Mars."

(Holding a gun pointing at The Doctor)

"State your name, rank and intention."
"The Doctor: The Doctor. Doctor. Fun."
Tarak: "What the hell? It's a man. A man on mars. How?"
Steff: "He was wearing this thing. I have never seen anything like this."
Tarak: "What did mission control say?"
Steffi: "We're out of range for 10 hours, with the solar flares."
Brooke: "You could cut the chat everyone."
The Doctor: "Actually chat is second on my list. The first being gun pointed at my head. Which puts my head second and the chat third. Gun-Head-Chat, yeh, I hate lists. But you could hurt someone with this thing, just put it down."


Series three episode "Blink."


The Doctor: "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."


Series one episode "End Of The World."


Doctor: "Tell you what. With a bit of jiggery pokery..."
Rose: "Is that a technical term, "jiggery pokery"?"
Doctor: "Yeah, I got a first in jiggery pokery, what about you?"
Rose: "Nah, I failed hullabaloo."

No comments:

Post a Comment