Follow Me On Twitter

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Predators Movie Review

Okay, so you're looking for a movie to go see this weekend?  I say opt out of a second or third trip to Twilight: Eclipse and check out Predators instead!


Just like you may have, I also had my doubts going into this film.  What if it's just a bunch of killing and not much story?  What happens if I don't get it because I've not seen any of the previous Predator movies?  Well, I'm happy to say you don't worry about that!  This is very much a stand alone film that does have a great story.

Basically it's about a bunch of bad-asses from Earth (a.k.a.mercenaries, hit men, criminals, soldiers) who are abducted and taken to a far away planet that acts as a game preserve where the humans are hunted by the aliens, affectionately known as Predators.

It stars Adrien Brody (and his nose), Laurence Fishburne, Topher Grace and several others.


I'll give the stand-out performance trophy to Topher (who's character is involved in a plot twist) and Fishburne got very little screen time but when he was in scenes he made them worth while.

Predators is kind of predictable.  I sort of knew right off the bat what characters would make it to the end but all in all was a great summer romp!

And for those of you who have already seen it and loved the film, you know they left it wide open for a sequel.  In fact director Nimrod Antal and producer Robert Rodriguez have already talked about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment