Follow Me On Twitter

Sunday, July 11, 2010

iPhone 4 Countdown - 11 Days Left

As I get closer to my full-discounted iPhone 4 upgrade (June 22nd) I'm continuing to take a look at apps that I'd like to get on my new Apple mobile device.

On this entry we'll take a look at the ones I'll "need."  Not the apps I "want."

One of the problems with the iPhone's camera is that it only allows you to share pictures via e-mail and text message and you want to send them to Facebook and Twitter too right?  Well, Photoscatter takes care of that and more.   You can either take an existing image or one shot through the app itself and send it to a bunch of websites all at the same time.  Take a look at the video below for a demonstration.



Speaking of Twitter, ya gotta get the app right?  Well, here it is.  Formerly known as Tweetie, Twitter bought it earlier this year and was re-launched as their official app for the iPhone.  I prefer programs like Hootsuite, which they also make for the iPhone, because you can send status updates to multiple accounts, including Facebook.  But for starters I'll try this, especially since it's free.



I'm big into film making !  In fact I used to post videos on Youtube pretty regularly! So, when I heard that the new iPhone was going to have 720 HD video capture I knew I had to get it, especially after the announcement of iMovie for iPhone.  From what I've seen the app is pretty limited but for editing on a mobile device it's pretty much got all you need.  More detailed video editing should be done on a real computer anyway.  Maybe they'll add more features and make improvements on future app updates.



And finally, if you watched that last video, you know that the iPhone 4 won't allow you to upload 720p video direct from the handset over the air.  That's where Pixelpipe comes in!  Not only does it do what the iPhone can't, but it also pushes it out to a number of websites all at once.  Check out the video below and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment