Follow Me On Twitter

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Story 2/Chapter 1 – First Trip

I hate waking up hungry, because it usually means there’s absolutely no food in my kitchen and I’m going to have to go to the store right away, which I did on this particular morning. First thing; clothes. Damn; got to remind myself to get to the Laundromat, soon!

Stepping out of the door the light seemed more intense, and kind of fuzzy, like it used to look on hangover mornings back in my drinking days. I got in the car and let my instincts take over. It’s kind of like turning on the auto pilot now, with how many times I’ve been that same Kwik Trip 15 blocks away. My 2005 Hyundai Accent just takes me there and before I knew it we were pulling into the parking lot and struggling to find an empty space, like is always the case.

Knowing exactly what I wanted my body walked right to the cake droughts and chocolate milk. I scanned the shelves anyway, just in case there was something else there that peaked my interest. There wasn’t so I proceeded directly to the checkout line. Thank God there was no one else waiting so the food was paid for in record time and was quickly out the door and on my way home again.

I cracked open the 4 for a dollar pastries and sipped on the milk which made me a little more aware of my surroundings during the return trip. It was a Sunday morning so there weren’t a lot of people out on the streets or sidewalks which made it easy for me to spot him.

No comments:

Post a Comment